Proliferation of Spam

What's with all the new spam showing up? Are there benefits to spamming sites such as SQLTeam other than annoying people?

It's likely someone found a way to blast posts out to Discourse forums and they're hitting every one they can identify. Some of them, somewhere will get hits, so it'll be worth it... unfortunately.

I've been clearing it up as quickly as I can, but if you see any spam make sure to report it, it should hide it immediately and then a moderator can take further action.

3 Likes

The benefits of running popular forum software are lots of hosting companies and support and plugins. The downside is the bot-writers have LOTS of good targets. Rob has been policing these forums for a LONG, LONG time and doing a fantastic job.

They often hit hard for a while and then then figure out it won't work or the Discourse people put in some code to block them and it gradually goes away. AI may mess up this equation though. It will be interesting.

Keep reporting spam. I will go double-check the settings and see if we can do anything to throttle down new users.

1 Like

Maybe you can block any post containing "Temu" or "coupon code".

1 Like