I'm trying to reset the password "sa" account password and whenever I do I get a " Windows has encounter a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
I've been the password requirements for changing the SQL sa account, and I still get the "password violation" error. ( see attached). This happens no matter how complex the password is changed to.
Windows should have logged the error in the event log. Is that helpful?
This sounds like a problem that should be addressed to Microsoft. Have you opened an incident? They are reasonably priced and don't charge if you find a bug.
Are you really changing the "sa" password? Your screenshot implies a different account.
I'm assuming you've configured the account to ignore the complexity checks?
My other advice is to create a new admin account and disable the "sa" account.
Perform the following steps:
- Turn on your computer with F8 pressed.
- Click Safe Mode option.
- Logon using Administrator level user.
- Click Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Run
- Run msconfig and click OK.
- Now Go to SERVICES tab and search for Gbp Service, uncheck it and click Ok.
- Restart and see if the problem is gone.
Thank you. Creating a new "sa" account solved the issue.