Updating Trust Level settings

I tweaked the Trust Level settings to make it easier to get to Trust Level 3. I made the following changes:

• Reduced the days visited over the previous 100 days from 50% to 35%. This was designed to better account for weekends. Visiting a SQL Server site when you're away from work probably isn't high on your priority list. 35% works out to roughly half of the week days over those 100 days. That's probably a pretty good measure of a "regular".

• Reduced the likes given over the previous 100 days from 15 to 7. I'm not sure liking posts will ever take off here. But I still think it helps. I think it's important to recognize good answers and helpful comments.

• Reduced the likes received over the previous 100 days from 20 to 10. Hopefully if we're giving likes then someone is receiving them. You need more than just post volume. You need posts that are actually helpful to someone.

There are a few benefits to achieving Trust Level 3. Copying from the documentation...

• recategorize and rename topics
  • access a private "frequent flier's lounge" category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow1.1k)
  • spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-block the user and hide all their posts

Many of these fall under the category of keeping the forums clean. You can help fix those weird topic names that people choose. You can put them in the right categories. And your spam flags will take effect immediately rather than requiring three people to agree. Maybe that will help us have fewer links to software that fixes Microsoft Access corruption. :wink:

You can view your Trust Level and where you stand on getting to the next level by:

1. Clicking on your icon in the upper right corner
  2. Clicking the Gears (or cog) icon in the drop down
  3. Scrolling down and clicking on the Trust Level Requirements

And thank you all for visiting and answering questions! Now get out there and :heart: some posts! :heart_eyes: