I am trying to build a three node WSFC Cluster, I will be implementing SQL Server FCI into this Cluster once it is successfully configured.
I am totally new to this Windows WSFC technology.
I have performed the following steps in my AWS account to Setup the Cluster.
- Created Managed AD
- Launched 3 Windows SQL Server Instances with AD Configuration (2 Instances are launched in one AZ and 1 Instance is launched in another)
- Added the Instances to AD using SSM
- Added secondary IP to the instances
- Installed FCI Features using Server Manager on all of the three nodes
- Checked Validation Configuration
- Created Cluster
- In my Cluster Summary I am able to see only two nodes under Cluster Core Resources . I was excepting three nodes. Is this my understanding correct?
- The overall Cluster status is online, but when I try to bring one of the other Node online, it gives me error
"Error Code: 0x80071397" The operation failed because either the specified cluster node is not the owner of the group, or the node is not a possible owner of the group.What does this mean?
- On my Three Nodes I can see the error:
Cluster resource 'Cluster Name' of type 'Network Name' in clustered role 'Cluster Group' failed. Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.What does this mean and how to resolve it? This is something which I am not able to understand.
- I am also getting the following warning :
No matching network interface found for resource 'Cluster IP Address' IP address '10.85.239.51' (return code was '5035'). If your cluster nodes span different subnets, this may be normal.Will this impact my Cluster?
- Will I need Quorum and Witness configurations in this setup? I will be using AWS FSx as a shared storage for this Cluster, so I am bit confused about Witness/Quorum/File Share Witness etc. It will be great if someone could also throw some light on this as well.
- Overall my setup is correct or there is something which I misconfigured or missed?