To take backup

Hi Good Morning
I have doubt To take backup on remote server that to store the database backup in my local System drive (E or D) through script.
How can i take a backup.

Thanks & regards
Nagaraju

If you have a share on your local drive, and you can provide access to it for the remote, then you can backup direct to it.

However, I wouldn't. I would backup locally (to the remote) on the remote and then COPY or MOVE the file (to Local Drive). If the network fails, or the local machine is no longer visible to the Remote, or lots of other issues, then the backup on the remote will fail and you will have NO backups ... whereas with the local-backup-then-COPY, on the remote, at least you will have the local backup files there.

1 Like

its throwing the error like this Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).
Is there any way to take the backup to my local drive.

Which part of my answer did you not understand?

1 Like

Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

I need solution for this type of Error

OK. Here's what I said "If you have a share on your local drive, and you can provide access to it for the remote, then you can backup direct to it."

You have this error "The system cannot find the path specified." and thus I'm afraid you have not provided access to the destination location.

1 Like