Here I am just need your help to understand the problems.
Scenario is like this, With one of my production server, a DB is near by 1.5 TB in size, among tables just a single table is near by 1.35 TB in size,
having 2 images column. It was some business needs, i have to move this huge table to another DB of a different server. So what i did, steps are below,
- Generate Create Table scripts with all index/constraints from existing server
- Just Execute Create table scripts with all indexes/constraints on new server, Table created with same structure.
- Created a SSIS package for import/export
- Executed SSIS package, all data transferred
- Also cross verified all data/images are ok, system is working fine
But when i looked on DB sizes on both server, OLD server's DB size is near by 1.5 TB ( Transferred Table size is 1.35 TB)
while at new server's DB table size is just 15 GB, Now i am not able to understand why its size is so less?
How i can cross verify at system level where is problem with OLD server table structure/Data and why its size showing so huge ( Backup is also nearby 1.4 TB).
Sir looking for your valuable suggestions/problem details with this scenario.