In order to provide an uncluttered GUI for our end users, we have eliminated 10+ small dimensions in a SSAS 2012 MultiD cube that are not shared between measure groups by electing to design a single degenerate dimension. This has resulted in a dimension with a 1-1 fact relationship to a single measure group that contains 437,215,987 rows and 35 attributes.
We are receiving the following error: File system error: A string store or binary store with a compatibility level of '1050' is at the maximum file size of 4 gigabytes. To store additional strings, you can change the StringStoresCompatibilityLevel property of the associated dimension or distinct count measure to '1100' and reprocess. This option is only available on databases with a compatibility level of '1100' or higher.
We have taken the following steps:
- Increased the StringStoresCompatibilityLevel property of the offending dimension to 1100
- Verified in the dimension XML that the StringStoresCompatibilityLevel was correct and that no second hidden CompatibilityLevel property existed.
- Checked the Supported Compatibility level property of the SSAS instance and verified that it is set to 1100.
- Checked the CompatibilityLevel of the deployed SSAS database and verified that the ddl200:CompatibilityLevel property is set to 1100.
- Trimmed down all of the attributes in the dimension to have the minimum required string length and verified the string lengths in the DSV column properties
- Redeployed not just the dimension, but the entire VS solution
- Kicked off a Process Full via SSMS
- Continue to receive the 4GB limitation error
Might anyone have additional tips or tricks for working through this 4GB string store limitation in SSAS?