SSRS installation error

Hi,

In server already SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Core Edition is installed.

Also SSRS express edition is installed. While configguring the SSRS getting beow error.d be the cause?

Cannot create a connection to data source 'Mydatasource'. The feature: "The edition of Reporting Services that you are using requires that you use local SQL Server relational databases for report data sources and the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.

When i want to install newly SSRS again its asking me to dopwnload from microsoft and only 3 of them available (express,evaluation and developer edition)

Anyone please suggest me what i need to do? which SSRS edition i need to install when SQL Core enterprise edition is installed?

What is the difference between enterprise and enterprise core edition?

Also i need to install power BI in same server and later i need to integrate both SSRS and POWER BI.. How to do that?

Do i need to configure SSRS and power bi seperately? or any other procedure to configure and integrate both at once?

It is little urgent.Please suggest how to proceed?

Thanks...

Yes, The new versions of SQL server will need separate download for SSRS and SSMS.
I think you have selected Choose a free edition option.You need to take the second option and put the license key from your SQL Server Enterprise core media file.
PowerBI installation will have the Report Server configuration within itself.

Have a look at this,will help you

Thank you very much for your answer.
I checked it. Its a developer edition.
SQL is enterprise edition and if SSRS is developer edition then i will not get any installation error right?

I guess it is not for your personal use.
If so, you need to install Enterprise edition of SSRS.
I am not sure about the error,never had such combination :slight_smile:

Thank you ahmed. Your answer is helpful. I asked my customer to give enterprise edition. But i want to confirm from my end whether to go with developer or enterprise.

Developer edition is just for development, that is why it is free of cost.

If you are planning on using PowerBI and publishing in an on-premise server, you need to purchase Enterprise Edition licenses with SA. You also need to install the PowerBI Report Server (Power BI Report Server | Microsoft Power BI) - which allows for publishing PowerBI dashboards.

btw i installed ssrs and power bi.. do i need to configure separately or one after the other? how to integrate both? they didnt goive power bi desktop one.

You will need Power BI Report Server - not SSRS (this is really SSRS with extensions for Power BI) and PowerBI Desktop. You then use PowerBI Desktop to publish to your Power BI Report Server.