Ssis greater than and less than

hi
i ahve the following logic
Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Forward" || Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Non-Deliverable Forward" && (Positions_End_Quantity > -2 && Positions_End_Quantity < 2) ? "CFX" : DM2

i have also had it like
Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Forward" || Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Non-Deliverable Forward" && (Positions_End_Quantity > -2.00 && Positions_End_Quantity < 2.00) ? "CFX" : DM2

doesnt seem to be picking the values inbetween the 2 number . have a figure of 33869.00 that should not be populating with CFX but it is. any idea why

also tried it with

Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Forward" || Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Non-Deliverable Forward" && (Positions_End_Quantity > -2 || Positions_End_Quantity < 2) ? "CFX" : DM2

I got this to work

(@[User::Instr_DM_SubType] == "FX Forward" || @[User::Instr_DM_SubType] == "FX Non-Deliverable Forward") && @[User::Positions_End_Quantity] > -2 && @[User::Positions_End_Quantity]< 2 ? "CFX" : "DM2"

dont unserstand so

and this one doesnt work either

Positions_End_Quantity Derived Column 1 DM2 Instr_DM_SubType
-144653794.000000000 -2.00 FX Forward FX Forward

is it the figures been set in the format that they are should i round it up or something

(
Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Forward" || Instr_DM_SubType == "FX Non-Deliverable Forward" ) &&

ya put brackets around as well but didnt work

what data type is Positions_End_Quantity column?

What is wrong with the expression I gave you? I have tested each scenario you have and it produces the correct result.

the last one (-144653794.000000000) returns DM2. If I use 1, then it returns CFX

i tought it was just the same as mine but you had the @user part for you to get it working. it was given me an error when i copied it in.

also shouldnt