SQL Server Managment Studio Import from Excel Error

I am trying to import to a table into from excel. The field in question (Notes) in the import is NVARCHAR MAX
I get the following error:

Error 0xc020901c: Data Flow Task 1: There was an error with Source - Sheet1$.Outputs[Excel Source Output].Columns[notes] on Source - Sheet1$.Outputs[Excel Source Output]. The column status returned was: "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc020902a: Data Flow Task 1: The "Source - Sheet1$.Outputs[Excel Source Output].Columns[notes]" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "Source - Sheet1$.Outputs[Excel Source Output].Columns[notes]" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

Error 0xc0047038: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on Source - Sheet1$ returned error code 0xC020902A. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Looks like the 'Notes' column in your excel has more characters than the column length specified in the database table.

The notes column is nvarchar(max). I even just tried to import with length less then 8000 and same error.

what is the datatype of the Notes column at the flat file source.
Is it DT_TEXT ?

Also, can you post some sample data from the column.