SQL Server Always On Availability Group

The IP address are in the same subnet. But not sure why am I getting this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Joining secondary replica to availability group resulted in an error. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.HadrTasks)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to join the instance 'Clust Name' to the availability group 'test2_clust'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=11.0.5058.0+((SQL11_PCU_Main).140514-1820+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&LinkId=20476

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

None of the IP addresses configured for the availability group listener can be hosted by the server 'Cluster'. Either configure a public cluster network on which one of the specified IP addresses can be hosted, or add another listener IP address which can be hosted on a public cluster network for this server.
Failed to join local availability replica to availability group 'test2_clust'. The operation encountered SQL Server error 19456 and has been rolled back. Check the SQL Server error log for more details. When the cause of the error has been resolved, retry the ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP JOIN command. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 19456)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=11.00.5058&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=19456&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Which IP addresses on the same subnet? The node IP addresses? Listener?

Graz,
Thanks for responding all the three addresses are in the same subnet. I just ran a cluster validation and found "The RegisterAllProvidersIP property for network name 'Name: listener' is set to 1. For the current cluster configuration this value should be set to 0." Do you think this might be a cause as well?

• Aswin

I don't know. I'm not familiar with that. Did you search on it?

yeah I have been searching and try to implement the work around.