SQl server 2014 - SA account password changing on its own

Guys,

Have you ever heard of the the SQL password changing on it's own - for our software the SA password?
I have this site that the password keeps changing,the customer swears up and down that is not them but it keeps happening. any ideas?

Also, the SA login account duplicates itself even after deleting the account from 'SQL Server Management Studio -->Security-->Logins.'

Version and details as follows.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 12.0.4213.0
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 12.0.2000.8
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 5.0 6.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.9600.18204
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
Operating System 6.1.7601

'Enforce password policy' is turned off.
'Enforce password Expiration' is turned off.
Server Authentication is in 'SQL Server and in Windows Authentication Mode.'

Thanks in Advance.
Pradeep.

There are many methods to recover the lost SA password from SQL Server database. I have discussed all the possible method that can help yours to reset the SQL Server SA Password. Please go this one it may be helpful to you: http://sqltechtips.blogspot.in/2016/03/recover-sa-password.html

1 Like

Thanks Jason,

Am using this query to alter the password every time,
GO
ALTER LOGIN sa WITH PASSWORD = 'Password'
GO

But my question is, how can i get rid off the SA Account password changing on it's own? and how to avoid the SA account duplicates on it's own?

Thank You.

Password would not change on its own. There is some process or query that is running that causes it to change. You can find ways to track what process is doing that, if you google for it. For example, some suggestions here.

1 Like

Thanks James,

I will execute the query.