SQL newbie that can't get Report Builder icon to show OR select/deselect role tasks in Management Studio

Hello, I am very new to SQL and only got into it because of a need at my family’s auto repair shop. I need to extract data from an SQL-based program that we use and found that Report Builder would meet our needs.

I started by watching a video on Lynda.com called “SQL Server Reporting Services in Depth” by Simon Allardice. I realized this was over my head so I first watched “Foundations of Programming: Databases” also by Mr. Allardice. I now have a much better understanding of databases and SQL Server 2012.

My problem is that I can’t get my web browser to show the Report Builder icon.

I have been all over the internet trying to figure this out and I am stumped. I feel it is some kind of permission or security configuration…but I don’t have enough knowledge to figure it out.

In tinkering around with Management Studio (ran as admin), I have connected to my Reporting Services server but I am unable to add new roles or delete roles, and I am unable to select or deselect specific tasks.

All I want to do is get back to learning Report Builder but something isn’t right and I can’t figure it out.

Our business has 5 desktops that all have Windows 10 and share info via a homegroup. There is no need to share our reports outside of our physical location.

Thank you in advance for your help!

(I was going to upload three different images but I am only allowed one as a new member...sorry it's small)

Hi,

I think you need to set the Site Settings permissions up. I think you need to grant yourself system user in the security tab in there to get the Report Builder to appear.

The Site Settings link can be seen in the top right portion of your screen shot.