After trying it a few times in the past, again I was hoping to make SQL Server search in PDF-files with full text indexes.
I did everything according to the instructions:
- I've downloaded the filter 11.0 from Adobe
- Than I've granted access rights to the iFilter directory to the SQL Server account and the Full Text service account
- I've added a path of the iFilter bin directory to the system PATH variable
- I ran the following statements:
EXEC sp_fulltext_service@action='load_os_resources', @value=1;
EXEC sp_fulltext_service@action='verify_signature', @value=0;
- I've restarted the services
- If I execute the statement below, it gives a row back with the location of the dll:
SELECT document_type, path
WHERE document_type = '.pdf'
So it seems to be configured properly, but when I execute a select-statement, no results.
Re-populating the index doesn't help.
if I look in SQLFT0000700005.LOG in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQLSERVER2014\MSSQL\Log it tells me:
Informational: Full-text Auto population completed for table or indexed view '[Quadro].[dbo].[Inkoopfacturen]' (table or indexed view ID '1533248517', database ID '7'). Number of documents processed: 0. Number of documents failed: 0. Number of documents that will be retried: 0.
There are 3 documents in the table.
How can I make this work?