Resolved - SSIS Package Error: The file name property is not valid. The file name is a device or contains invalid characters - Resolved

Hi experts,

My SSIS package fails when it tries to read the source text file which is stored on a network share

[Connection manager "Dynamic Flat File Connection"] Error: The file name property is not valid. The file name is a device or contains invalid characters.

1. I believe the sql account as well as my account has full permission to the folder
  2. The Message Box displays the filename and path correctly
  3. I have set Delay Validation to TRUE everywhere but still get the same error.

(Former Attorney General Bill Barr wrote a book titled "One Damn Thing After Another". That seems to apply to my situation.:slight_smile:

Any ideas? Thanks

I was able to get past this error.
The problem was the expression I'm using in the Flat File connection. I corrected that and that error no longer appears. Setting title to Resolved.

Can you please identify what your correction was?

The error "The file name property is not valid. The file name is a device or contains invalid characters" typically indicates that the SSIS package is unable to access the specified source text file due to an invalid file path or permissions issue.