Resolved - SSIS Error DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED Importing Flat File - Resolved

Hi experts,

I'm using a Data Flow task to import a flat file (.txt) into a SQL table. Pretty straightforward.

I'm curious about the Warning shown below but the cause of the failure is below that I believe.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: The output column "Column 166" (505) on output "Flat File Source Output" (6) and component "Flat File Source" (2) is not subsequently used in the Data Flow task. Removing this unused output column can increase Data Flow task performance.

[Flat File Source [2]] Information: The processing of file "…….\Customers_20230201.txt" has started.
Progress: Pre-Execute - 100 percent complete

[Flat File Source [2]] Error: An error occurred while skipping data rows.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on Flat File Source returned error code 0xC0202091. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Can anyone point me to finding more information about the failure?
Thanks.

This is the error you can use to find more information. It can be a lot of things but it looks like that the number of columns are not in sink with the txt file. In most cases I try to reduce the number of rows in the tekst file and try to import the first 100 rows first. I make a opy of the file and open it in Excel and check if all columns are in sync. Sometimes the "," is the column delimiter and the name of the article "TR-123405, don't order anymore!" the "," causing all other columns to go to the next row.

The warning you have:
[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning : The output column "Column 166" (505) on output "Flat File Source Output" (6) and component "Flat File Source" (2) is not subsequently used in the Data Flow task. Removing this unused output column can increase Data Flow task performance.

It isn't a big deal. You are reading some columns but then you don't use them in your dataflow. If you don't use them why would you wast resources to get them? Skiip the columns and the warning will dissapear.

It can be hard to figure this out, good luck!

Thanks @RogierPronk. In the end, I just deleted both connections and the data flow tasks. Re-added
those and to my surprise, the flat file now gets imported. While I'm please, I really don't know which setting etc I had set incorrectly the time around. Closing this thread.