Report Builder Force Physical Page Break - Multi-Columned Report

I have been banging my head against a wall and am hoping someone out there can help.

I have a report that is in what Microsoft terms a "newsletter style" - there are multiple columns of data on a page, like a newspaper. The data in the columns is in a tablix and grouped. My issue is with page breaks. I want a new page every time the group changes, and what's happening is I get a new COLUMN, not a new PAGE (sometimes the new column happens to be on a new page, so it looks like it's breaking properly, which is why it took me so long to figure out what was going on). From what I gather, the way that RB does multiple columns is that it creates multiple logical pages on a physical page, and the BreakLocation property on the group seems to relate to LOGICAL pages, not PHYSICAL.

So my question is, how can I force a PHYSICAL page break in Report Builder? Is this even possible? It can be done in Crystal (which is what the report is in now, but we're trying to transition away from for a bunch of reasons) but I can't figure out how to do it in RB. Help!