Passing results for the 'Go to report' feature

I have a report I built that shows late shipments, I have a start and end date for parameters.

It returns results for both our facilities, then inside each facility I have it set to expand to show the different product types.

All these values or results are just a numerical value, ie 5 late shipments for fans in facility A.

I want to be able to click on the 5 that are late, and have it go to another report (that I already have built) so the user can drill down on those 5 to get more information about them

I have a go to report action set up, but since I only have the date parameter that is the only thing I can pass, I want to also be able to tell the 'go to report' to pass the start and end date, the facility and also the product type.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you!

Does your sub report accept all the parameters you need (such as facility and product type)? If not, you should modify the sub-report to accept all the required parameters. Then, when you define the action, you can pass all those parameters. The parameters you pass to the sub-report does not have to be parameters of the parent report. The subreport can accept fields from the dataset that you used to populate the parent report. Click the fx button next to the Value drop down to define the expression. There you will see all the choices you have.

Does your sub report accept all the parameters you need (such as facility and product type)?

I only have two parameters in the parent report, the start end end date. If you mean do I have those field in the sub report, then yes, they are a part of the sub report.

Click the fx button next to the Value drop down to define the expression.

Define the expression next to what value?

What you're saying makes sense, just trying to visualize it better in my mind.

Thank a bunch for the response.

See the screenshots below.

So where would I create this new parameter, the parent report right? If so, how do I create it without making it mandatory or even visible when the report is initially ran?

No, not in the parent report. You should create the parameters in the sub report.

In the second screenshot that I posted, Report1 is the subreport that you want to go to. The parameters that you will see in the dropdown under Name would be the parameters of that subreport. You have to tell SSRS how to get the value for each of those parameters of the subreport, which is where the Value dropdown is used. If you want to send the value from a row in the parent report, then click the fx button that I have highlighted with the red arrow. That will bring up a dialog where you will see how to pick up data from the dataset used by the parent report.

like this correct? this is from the parent, productClass and fac are parameters I added in the subreport, they do not exist in the

parent

That is the general idea. Is it not working as you expect?