Oracle Database Client for Microsoft Tools

Hello, I hope I'm writing in the right place. I downloaded and installed OCMT (Oracle Client for Microsoft Tools) to connect Powerbi with Oracle database. After doing this the excel query was completely broken. It cannot detect the dates I normally use and I get the error "not a valid month". How do you think I can change how OCMT accesses my Excel or how it detects the date, etc.?

SQLTeam.com is a Microsoft SQL Server focused site, we're not experts in Oracle.

I'm presuming you've followed the documentation for installing OCMT:

There was a note about 1/3 of the way down on that page about 32 and 64 bit components need to match for PowerBI/Excel as well.

There's some additional PowerBI Desktop documentation here:

I presume it works similarly when using Excel for queries, but that's just a guess.

I found these links for the error message you listed:

Beyond that, for us to help further, we'll need more details than "query was completely broken". Are you able to run this on another machine that doesn't have the new OCMT installed? Or can you revert/uninstall to the previous state that did work? Are you able to connect to Oracle via any other method and provide details on the data? The comments in the StackOverflow links suggested the date columns might not be stored as date/timestamp but as character, for example. If your columns are character that might be the issue.

Again, we're not really Oracle experts either, I'm not anyway. We can try to help but other sites like I posted will probably serve you better.

1 Like