Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation)

Hi Team,

When I tried to execute a query in my "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2012"... I have got the below issue. Please help me to resolve the same

Issue Details :

Cannot execute script.

===================================

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextViewAdapter.SetScrollPosition(Int32 iBar, Int32 iFirstVisibleUnit)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.VSTextEditorTabPage.Clear()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.DisplaySQLResultsControl.Clear()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.DisplaySQLResultsControl.PrepareForExecution(Boolean prepareForParse)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.ScriptAndResultsEditorControl.StandardPrepareBeforeExecute(QEStatusBarKnownStates newStatusBarState)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.SqlScriptEditorControl.StandardPrepareBeforeExecute(QEStatusBarKnownStates newStatusBarState)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.ScriptAndResultsEditorControl.OnExecScript(Object sender, EventArgs a)

Hi Everyone,

Will you please help me to resolve this issue

I too ran into this issue with SQL Server Management Studio 2014 running on Windows 7 today. Initially I had an odd issue related to system fonts and SSMS crashing when I opened a new query window. I found a post that mentioned changing the SSMS font from the default to another font would address that issue, and it did. But after that issue was resolved, this other issue presented itself. If I select T-SQL and execute it, I see the same error described above. If I go into object explorer and select top 1000 from a table, I see the rows. It started today after I did some installations, not related to SSMS. It seemed to follow a system update, but I'm not 100% sure.

Everything I've seen related to this issue so far says that reinstalling SSMS will not address the problem.

Cannot execute script.

Program Location:

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextViewAdapter.SetScrollPosition(Int32 iBar, Int32 iFirstVisibleUnit)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.VSTextEditorTabPage.Clear()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.DisplaySQLResultsControl.Clear()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.DisplaySQLResultsControl.PrepareForExecution(Boolean prepareForParse)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.ScriptAndResultsEditorControl.StandardPrepareBeforeExecute(QEStatusBarKnownStates newStatusBarState)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.SqlScriptEditorControl.StandardPrepareBeforeExecute(QEStatusBarKnownStates newStatusBarState)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.ScriptAndResultsEditorControl.OnExecScript(Object sender, EventArgs a)