I installed SQL 2016 standard on a new machine.
As a part of it I created a new maintenance plan (all default settings) to rebuild indexes every two weeks.
I ran the maintenance plan and it took quite a long time to finish (34 minutes), way longer then in SQL 2014 where I used a script to do this. (10 Minutes)
After some further investigation I noticed that regardless what I set in the "fragmentation %" and "page count" on the "Rebuild Index Task"page the time that it takes to run it is the same.
If I set "fragmentation %" to 99% it takes 30-34 minutes if I set it to 10% it takes 30-34 minutes.
In other words it looks like this is a bug as it ignores these parameters and it runs the rebuild for all indexes.
By the way if I ran the script on the SQL 2016 I am back to 10 minutes.
Can someone confirm these findings or tell me what am I doing wrong.
Thanks for your help.