Some one help me answer this. Did my restore take 1 hour or 12 hour?
Last night, I started a
restore from disk with replace
command from a sql 2012 SSMS on a server.
The bak file is about 300 GB.
I remote into the server and started about process, but after awhile (15 min?) couldn't get back in to check.
This morning, with the help of our network guy, I went back in, and saw the process is still running.
Couple minutes later, it completed. However, here comes the confusing part.
The status line on the bottom reads: Query executed successfully. 12:27:52.
(12 is about right, i.e from I started it last night around 7 PM to now)
But the messages section showed a total different thing.
Processed 35762536 pages for database 'dbname', file 'dbname' on file 1.
Processed 9952 pages for database 'dbname', file 'dbname_log' on file 1.
RESTORE DATABASE successfully processed 35772488 pages in 3667.754 seconds (76.197 MB/sec).
--that is about only an hour
I am not sure which is correct. If they are both correct and tell different things, then I have been using the first one wrong. Another possible explanation is that my disconnect to the VM session made the command suspended during the night. That is also contrary to my understanding.