Log Shipping Connection Error

Hi Patrons,

Myself trying to connect to the Server for the Log Shipping purpose and for the Secondary Server location when invoked has found with the following error.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5)

I knew this is from the CONFIGURATION MANAGER where the server allocation is up or down but I could able to connect when pinging to the Secondary server from Database Engine Connection on SSMS platform, but not when invoking for the Log Shipping Connecting Server.

Also, checked the Name Pipes provider is TRUE but still unable to get the Secondary Server connection for Log Shipping.

Your help is much admired. Thanks

Can you make sure the below list is successfull

1. ping primary server to stand by and standby server to primary server
  2. check both the SQL Server services are started with the same user name
  3. firewall setting for both the server
    4.telnet the server ip followed with port number

Thanks Ahmeds08 for your points which were checked as we could login on both Primary and Secondary servers through same Username and Firewall setting is not an issue and eventually could able to ping both from each other as well.
still unsure what was causing the issue?

Any ideas please. Thanks