Issue with added Columns to table

Good afternoon all- first post here, thanks for having me! Question that maybe really basic but its been driving me a little crazy- So I am hoping for some help

So I have a procedure that clears out a table (CRM_Opportunty), and recreates it.
It works perfectly until I added the 5 lines between the commented out lines " --- charlie 220518"

As part of this (and I think this is where I go wrong) I added 5 columns to the table CRM_Opportunity

Capture

When I extend the table and make my code change the code runs cleanly, but nothing populates in the table- if I remove my new lines, and remove the 5 extended columns, and run it, the tables populates again.

I am sorry for the entry level question but did I miss a step after adding the columns.

I have also tried re-creating the table- same result.

Thank you all for any advice

Code is below

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[CRM_OpportunitiesSp]
AS
BEGIN
	-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from
	-- interfering with SELECT statements.
	SET NOCOUNT ON;

Declare @OutputFile nvarchar(120), 
		@FilePath NVARCHAR(120),
		@bcpCommand NVARCHAR(1000)

truncate table CRM_Opportunity;
	insert into CRM_Opportunity
	SELECT	o.opportunityid, 
			ui.username, 
			a.office, 
			left(a.account,200), 
			left(c.custid,20), 
			left(c.name,200),
			left(cpm.MasterGroup,30),
			op.Quantity, 
			o.estimatedclose,
			left(op.productnumber,50), 
			left(op.descrip,200), 
			op.estimatedclose as InstallDate, 
			pr.family as FamilyType, 
			replace(replace(cast(pr.description as nvarchar),char(10),''),char(13),'') as ExtendedDescription,
			op.calcprice * op.quantity as OpProductPotential, 
			op.calcprice * op.QUANTITY * o.closeprobability / 100 as OpProductWeightedPotential,
			o.total_margin as OppMargin, 
			o.total_margin_pct as OppMarginPct, --o.total_margin * o.total_margin_pct / 100 as OppWgtMargin,  
            op.margin as OppProdMargin, op.MARGINPCT * op.calcprice * op.quantity * o.closeprobability / 100 as OppProductMgnPct,
--- charlie 220518
  			o.closeprobability, 
			o.createdate, 
			o.stage, 
			o.seccodeid, 
			o.businessunit
   --- end charlie 220518

from [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.OPPORTUNITY o
           left outer join [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.Opportunity_Product op ON op.opportunityid = o.opportunityid
           left outer join CRM_ProductMaster cpm ON cpm.CRM_PRODUCTID = op.productid
              left outer join [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.product pr ON cpm.CRM_PRODUCTID = pr.productid
           join [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.Account a ON a.accountid = o.accountid
           join [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.userinfo ui ON ui.userid = o.ACCOUNTMANAGERID
           LEFT outer join [99.99.99.999].SalesLogix.SysDba.AccountNumbers an ON an.accountid = o.accountid
           LEFT OUTER JOIN CUSTOMER c on c.salesofficeid = an.office and c.custid = ISNULL(an.accountnbr,a.accountid)
           WHERE o.status = 'Open'
end

could be a conflict with the source and destination column type and/or conflict between length of the source and destination .

Can you try running this using SSMS and see if there is an error : truncation error, data type error

1 Like

Thank you for the reply- thats the strange part

In SSMS with both versions of code I get a "Query Executed Successfully" message- even with the version that gives me no data in the table.

I actually tried removing one of the inserts from my code, to test, and I got an error saying

"Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Procedure CRM_OpportunitiesSp, Line 19
Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition."

So I know its working....

for test purposes try this.
remove insert into CRM_Opportunity

instead add the following

select x,y,z
into dbo.CRM_Opportunity_test
from x,y,z

and run sproc. then compare CRM_Opportunity and CRM_Opportunity_test.

the other thing it could be is that it is somehow caching the sproc? maybe drop and create? just be careful you lose permissions when you do that.

1 Like

Looks like it was caching, had to reboot SQL server.

Thank you so much for your time

there are less drastic approaches if you are interested.
DBCC FREEPROCCACHE
DBCC DROPCLEANBUFFERS and maybe WITH RECOMPILE

Maybe others can chime in on these options.

1 Like

thank you

wasted so much time on it that I needed to fix

Appreciate the help