Implementing Gale Shapley algorithm in Database using SQL

Hello,

I am trying to create database in which I want to connect two large sets of users with one another. I intend to implement the Gale Shapley algorithm but need assistance from some SQL gurus to show me how this can be done.

If you can provide me with a solution for this, I'd be very grateful.

Explanation of the Gale Shapley algorithm (and how it applies to the stable marriage problem):

This sounds like homework. Please give it a go and show how far you get with your table design and queries. When you get stuck, we'll jump in with pointers.

Hi.

Thanks for the response. This isn't homework. I'm actually a full time contractor who's been in the database industry for about 10 years and this is a side project I'm working on for myself. It's just an idea right now, as I haven't created the actual database yet. I have seen many cases online of the gale-shapley algorithm being used in C++, PERL, Java, etc. but I hadn't seen it being used in a database yet with SQL yet, hence my curiosity as to whether it was a plausible and efficient concept.

I will try to post something when I have my databases created, I was just checking this forum to see if you guys had any experience working with the algorithm in SQL before and what that might look like.