How to "step through" a list of values creating a record for each value

Hi, using SQL server 2012. I need to run this code and somehow STEP through a list of different "IDVAR" values I have as text in a list so that it creates a record in TableA from a pre-existing record in TableB with Record_id = 29, adding its value and a "0" to a certain fields for each value:

Insert Into tableA (m_id,seq, [t1], [t2], .....etc)
select
IDVAR(my text list of different values), 0, [t1], [t2], .....etc)
from
tableB
where
tableB.record_id = 29

I have used "IN" clauses in the past to do similar things (aka like "AND T1.record_id IN(100,200...my list of values)" to do similar things, but can't figure out how to do this here.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Post create table script and inserts with sample data.

Hi, what I am trying to do is automate the following with a list of values I have that are in a spreadsheet. So if doing it manually it would look like this:

For first value in list which is "100":

select
100, 0, [t1], [t2], .....etc)
from
tableB
where
tableB.record_id = 29

For my 2nd value in the list which is "200":

select
200, 0, [t1], [t2], .....etc)
from
tableB
where
tableB.record_id = 29

where 100 and 200 are the first 2 values in my list. but I have over 3000 so I need to automate the process and have the code iterate through my values like an "IN clause" would do like "...AND t.record_id IN(100,200,...)"

However this does not work with my INSERT statement for some reason.

I can post all the create table data but both tables already exist and I didn't think it viable as there are a ton of columns. (i just listed the first few values for the example)

How can I automate this and have the code cycle through all of my list values?

Thanks,

MP

Without have available data - it is very hard to test and validate a solution:

select
t.Value, 0, [t1], [t2], .....etc)
from
tableB
CROSS JOIN TextList t
where
tableB.record_id = 29

If you have everything already in a table - then cross join to that table for the one row you want to use as the source value. Test using a SELECT statement before running the insert to insure you are getting the right values and number of rows.

Ok, great, I will try this.

Thank you!