How to reduce the memory usage in sql server 2016

Hi All,

When Running applications that time sql server Memory usage 95% taken it is ok but

When No Application running the time also memory usage 95% shown in Task manager.

My Problem is when application not running that time memory not used is better me.

how to reduce the system memory usage when application not running time.

Regards

Polos

That's the normal behavior of SQL server handling memory. It will keep the memory with it. It will only release when explicitly requested by the OS.
Better is to configure min and max memory setting for SQL server.

If you want to reduce memory usage then you, are required to decrease the downtime of SQL Database.

What does downtime of SQL Server databases have to do with Memory Usage?

For More Info about downtime, you can go through the Post:

Yep... I know about ADR. While that article DOES explain how ADR reduces downtime, it still has nothing to do with reducing memory usage. In fact, because of the sLog, it actually uses a bit more memory.

So, I ask again in a slightly different manner so there's no confusion... you stated that "If you want to reduce memory usage then you, are required to decrease the downtime of SQL Database." I'll ask again how reducing down time reduces memory usage because I'm not seeing the connection in that direction.