How to Create ER Diagrams for tables in a Non-relational Database on Sql server 2017

Hi,

Could you someone guide me on how to create ER Diagrams for tables in a Non-relational Database on Sql server.

I have tables with no relationship between tables and my requirement to have a ER Diagrams created for them. Could someone help me with this.

1 Like

Since there are no relationship between tables, that in itself won't work.

It will work, it just wont create a relationship arrow betwen them

You need to identify the relationships first. In order to do this you may have to ask the developers or look at how tables are joined in existing queries. Hopefully there are relationships between the tables, they just aren't defined by Foreign Keys.

After identifying the relationships you can make the ER Diagrams. You could make a copy of the Database and then use SQL Server for the diagrams by adding in the Foreign Keys. However you may need to use the nocheck option.

It will work, it just wont create a relationship arrow betwen them

True. But there is no point to that.

That might be true for us but the OP is asking specifically for an ER diagram for tables with no relationship (kind of defeats using the term ER :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) maybe it will help op create a visual layout to help op move towards creating ER

2 Likes