How to connect to SQL Server 2014 installed on one PC from a 2nd PC without Windows server and domain involved?

Hi,
I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 on which I have installed SQL Server 2014 for my database and use Microsoft Access 2016 to manage the data in a user-friendly way.

Everything worked perfectly fine till I tried to connect to the database from another PC on the same network WORKGROUP, also with Windows 7.

I am able to connect to the database from the second PC using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and ODBC connection, logging in as sa using SQL Server authentication.

However, when I open the Microsoft Access database file from the second PC, a window pops up, saying that:
SQL State: 28000
SQL Server Error: 18452
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

And when I press OK a second window pops:

God knows why, but It look like it still try to connect using Windows authentication?

I have configured the database to use a specific TCP/IP = 1433
Windows authentication and SQL Server authentication is slected, remote connections are enabled, sa is enabled.
Also made new inbound rules in windows firewall for all SQL Server services. Please note that there is no doman involved here. I don't have a Windows server and the SQL Server is installed on PC #1.

If you require more information, please tell me, I'll be happy to provide!

Hope someone will be able to help!

By the way, after the second window pops, and I uncheck Use Trusted Connctions and add Login ID and Password this first windows pops again and so on becomes an endless process.. Just wanted to add :slight_smile:

Use a SQL Server login and password. Alternately if both computers are on the same domain, use a domain account and integrated security.