I have a product table where all the product related metadata is stored in a column called fieldvalue. one of the metadata is UPC code. Full text search is configured on Fieldvalue column.
When I do exact search, I can see the results
select ProductID from PCM_Products_Metadata where contains(FieldValue,'0-38766-36120-3')
but when I do wild card search on any UPC code as below I do not get any results
select ProductID from PCM_Products_Metadata where contains(FieldValue,'"0-38766-36120-3"')
Strangely, if remove 3 or * then I get correct result. Doing exact search is not an option as user can search on any string. I checked with below query to see the display_term which seems to be OK. Also, I have removed all special characters and numbers from stopwordlist
SELECT * FROM sys.dm_fts_parser ('"*0-56327-00564-8"', 1033, 0, 0)
Database used is SQL server 2012 and application is already in production.