Excel Connection File name specified is invalid. File name cannot be an existing directory

I have a package that I run,usually every Month, and in the package I have an Excel connection to an xls file in a folder that is now failing, I can't figure out why. The package has a loop checking for the xls file and loads it, I get the file from a user and load it in to the folder. There are various errors that keep coming up but the main one is if I am in the excel connection and I try to preview it from the excel connection it seems to have lost the connection.

If I run the package from VS (2010), it fails with the package ran but the error count (5) reached the maximum resulting in failure.

If I go into the excel connection where the file path is, and click ok, it comes up with message File name specified is invalid. File name cannot be an existing directory.

I don't really understand that, what can a connection be other than an existing directory?

The package is set to run 32 bit & it set to delay validation = true.

I can't figure why the connection keep failing, the xls file is there, and nothing I know of has changed recently.

Thanks for any suggestions / thoughts.

G

Just to note I remade the excel connection and this seemed to solve the problem.