ERROR: [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7344)

Good Morning,

I am not familiar to handle sql server job error.

I have the following message from one of the failed job.

Executed as user: EBGROUP\svc_denue6dscl003_sq. The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "DEERDS09" could not UPDATE table "[MSDASQL]" because of column "austrittsdatum". The data value violated the integrity constraints for the column. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7344) OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "DEERDS09" returned message "Non-nullable column cannot be updated to Null.". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412). The step failed.

Any hints, help or suggestion is highly appreciable.

The error message is very descriptive. Your job is trying to update the table MSDASQL in the target database. Column austrittsdatum in that table does not allow NULL values, but the update is trying to set the value as NULL in one or more rows.

The way to debug this would be to look at the source data and see which rows have null values. Based on your business logic and requirements, you may need to assign a default value for austrittsdatum in those rows, or omit those rows from the update.

Also, try to analyze why the target table requires it to be non-null i.e., what is the business reason, and why it is null in the source table/query.

2 Likes

I have checked the update query.
It returns one value for which "Austritt_wr" is NULL which is the case to failure update for "austrittsdatum" column. There is an another column "KUENDDATZU_WR" has a valid date according to business logic if "KUENDDATZU_WR" has a valid date then "Austritt_wr" should also filled with a valid date.

Thanks for your response!

You might want to remove that user name