Dont send email if table is not populated

I have a ssis package that basically gets data from a sql table (source) then emails the report as an xls attachment (destination). That part works ok, what i am trying to do is to not send emails if the report table is empty. so first i would check to see if the table i am getting my results from is empty if it is then dont proceed to the send email task. Also i would also like to email recipients only if they are assigned to a a particular department within my table. so i have a column named department in my report and persons are assigned to individual departments.

There are two methods to do the same one of them is a using standard subscription method or you can create a custom code which fires the same query in your report. Please go this one here you will find the steps that involved to this in pictorial format. Avoid Sending Email if Report is Empty - SAP Community

i figured out, i just added a execute task that does a count then assign a variable, then within my result set of the execute task set the resultname to 0 and pass my new variable. Then add a precedent constraint expression @variable >= 1, so whenever my table has values greater than or equal to 1 it will move onto the email task. if counts = 0 now emails will be sent