Connect sql off network

Hello, I would like to know if it will be possible to share a SQL database from a program, but the thing is that the other computer that will need to have access will be somewhere else, not in the same place, will that be possible?

What do you mean exactly by that ?

I have my server, but I only have it connected to the network, but I want to connect that server with another station. But the computer is not in the same place where the server is.

As long as the other station (in same or different network or different physical location) is able to connect to the machine that runs SQL Server (via VPN or similar), you will be able to connect to the same SQL Server. There are probably some settings required on the firewall depending on your network setup.

About the only secure way to make that happen is for the remote computer to connect to your server's local network via a VPN.

Other than that, if both networks have static IP addresses, you could open ports in the network your server is on, allowing only traffic from the IP address of the remote computer's network.

If you set up either of these solutions incorrectly, you will probably open yourself up to external attacks.

You could also do what most people do - write a web application, or web service (RestAPI etc), to communicate with your database server.

Another approach is to have a desktop server, like Citrix, and remote onto that.