Checkdb

Hello,
I have faced an interview question for which I was unable to give an explanation.
Can some one explain me this.
below is the question

Operating system error 665(The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation) encountered.
The operating system returned error 665(The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation) to SQL Server during a write at offset %d in file

thank you

In my humble opinion, unless you were given access to BING or GOOGLE to assist you in answering, asking this question in an interview is really unfair to the person being interviewed. If you search for the error string, it takes you right-way to this page, which explains cause of the error and the resolution.

If the people trying to hire you are expecting you to memorize every error code and resolution for those, I would stay away from that place.

Hi ahmeds08,
I assume this is more of a written test that you are doing, one thing to look for those error message is hints (unless like JamesK said you can have google to search). What they are really looking for is what direction you will look first if you saw the error, and what is the first thing that will come to mind?
You see that is the file system limitation and during a write. What will cause a write to fail in general? First thing to look for will be permission or space. I guess if you say somewhere along those lines, you will be fine.
Hope this helps.