Cannot execute SSIS package from C# application

I have a C# application that is supposed to send a date variable to a package. The package runs fine from Visual Studio but when I try to execute it from the application I get a message that says:

"To run a SSIS package outside if SQL Server Data Tools you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher."

I am running the following
Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.5
SQL Server Data Tools 15.1.61901
Integration Services 15.0.900.30

Even if I do get this installed on my machine does that mean I would need to install it on every workstation that might execute this package? If that's the case I will probably find another way.

The better option is not to have users run packages. You might want to use a data driven approach or you are going to hit a lot of walls with this approach

Such as?

I have several other processes I have created where the user starts an agent job that executes the package. This one is a little more involved and involves passing parameters to the package. I was hoping to avoid saving the parameters to a table first before executing the package but I guess I have to.

What does this package do? How do the users interact with the job?

I want the user to be able to select a date and filename to send to the package. The package will import an Excel file, then query the data using the date parameter. The part I am not sure how to accomplish though (if it can be accomplished) is using the filename parameter to change the excel connection.