Bulk alter SQL column data value in MS-SQL2019 in trans-sql

Complete command to alter SQL column data value.

Hi,

A newbie here, how to bulk update data in SQL column? For example my database name is "abcDB"

I have multiple tables in "abcDb" that start with .dbo.sun_001 to .dbo.sun_020.

In every .dbo.sun_001 to dbo.sun.020 tables there is one column name "server" that I would like to change the value from Dns02 -> Dns04 for all the row.

Any advise on a single to two command to do it in the most simplest way? Appreciate very much

Can you run the below query and confirm if the output matches your target tables and column?

select TABLE_SCHEMA,
TABLE_NAME,
COLUMN_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
where TABLE_SCHEMA='dbo'
and TABLE_NAME like 'sun_%'
and COLUMN_NAME='server'

Just want to know if those are the only tables that match your criteria.
As per the table naming, I guess there must be 20 tables starting from 001 to 020.

USE abcDb;

IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE name = 'sun_001' AND schema_id = 1)
    EXEC('UPDATE s SET server = ''Dns04'' FROM dbo.sun_001 s WHERE server = ''Dns02'''); /*if entire column value = 'Dns02'*/
    /* or EXEC('UPDATE s SET server = REPLACE(server, ''Dns02'', ''Dns04'') FROM dbo.sun_001'''); /*if column contains 'Dns04' with other text*/*/

IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE name = 'sun_002' AND schema_id = 1)
    EXEC('UPDATE s SET server = ''Dns04'' FROM dbo.sun_002 s WHERE server = ''Dns02''');

IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE name = 'sun_003' AND schema_id = 1)
    EXEC('UPDATE s SET server = ''Dns04'' FROM dbo.sun_003 s WHERE server = ''Dns02''');

IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE name = 'sun_004' AND schema_id = 1)
    EXEC('UPDATE s SET server = ''Dns04'' FROM dbo.sun_004 s WHERE server = ''Dns02''');

/*...*/

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your command. The command was executed successfully but I don't see the changes on the "server" column the value of DNS02 still remains there.

HI Scott,
Thanks for your command. This command don't seem to bring any changes to the value on the "server" column.