Backup

Hi ,

I am taking full backup everyday at 9:30 PM ,after i am taking transaction log backup from next day 7 am to 7 PM with 15 min frequency,
but when i am restoring it giving me below error and it is first transaction log .

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Restore failed for Server 'EKKERP36'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=11.0.5058.0+((SQL11_PCU_Main).140514-1820+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: This log cannot be restored because a gap in the log chain was created. Use more recent data backups to bridge the gap. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=11.0.5058.0+((SQL11_PCU_Main).140514-1820+)&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Give a different name to each MDF and LDF file that doesn't already exist

1 Like

Hello Jason,

thanks for replying i forget username and password i got my username and password, now i will this forum frequntly,

i have one issue

i have configured log shipping with 15 min time period ,for testing i have disblae the log shipping and open the dr database after when i am putting the existing database in restore mode then enabling the log shipping i am getting below error in restore job

Error: This backup set cannot be applied because it is on a recovery path that is inconsistent with the database. The recovery path is the sequence of data and log backups that have brought the database to a particular recovery point. Find a compatible backup to restore, or restore the rest of the database to match a recovery point within this backup set, which will restore the database to a different point in time. For more information about recovery paths, see SQL Server Books Online.

but i am able to put the database in restore mode getting after trying to restore transaction log manually or through log shipping getting the above error . i can eanble log shipping again but i have to copy database from primary which i dont want to copy full database again and again.