I have tried everything I know and still unsuccessful.
I attempted to copy a database from one server to another - ultimate fail on last step and there is NO log file showing me what the error is.
So I tried exporting the database (to import onto the new server and it is consistently exporting the incorrect database. Again, ultimate fail.
So I attempted to backup dbo.AmateurRadio database.
In MSSMS I follow the following steps:
- Connect to the server
- Expand the Databases (to see the different DBs)
- Pick the AmateurRadio database and right click on it and then choose Tasks/Back-Up (wizard opens)
- Database Name AmateurRadio
- Recovery model and Back-up Type is FULL
- Back up to Disk
- Location and name set to backup is set - CLICK OK
- Receive successful message that AmateurRadio is backed up.
When I attempt to restore the backup (onto the new server into dbo.AmateurRadio) - it tells me 'the backup set holds a backup other than the existing AmateurRadio database'
Why/How would/could that be... what am I missing when it comes to backing up the AmateurRadio Database?