Selecting hieararchies from a table with a twist

Thanks, Kristen.

On the flip side of the coin, (you already know this but have to say it out loud) if you're not experiencing perceived performance problems (think user perception/experience here) or maintenance issues, it's sometimes better to leave things alone.

1 Like

This thread just became very interesting.
Thank you @JeffModen for teaching hieracheis :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Indeed, we definitely don't have any such problems. Adding a new page is as rare as Hen's Teeth ... and the structure works well for querying the hierarchy. Its only each time I have to write a new piece of code (also very rare) to gather the hierarchy "In order" that I curse :slight_smile:

Wow, Jeff, this is simply stunning. This is one of the most detailed answer I've ever seen on any forum. The ideas in your article - as simply calling your contributions "replies" would not do them justice - are somethig we shall really consider. I'll run them by our developers to see what we can utilize. Thank you once again for your outstanding efforts.

1 Like

Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate it. I'd really be interested in knowing how it all works out for you if you get the chance.

learn good it is!

@Daniel,

Just curious to find out how things turned out.