Custom sort error

You can call a procedure directly - but it requires writing code to create an ADO recordset where you define and build the query to be executed. Here are some examples:

As for using a TVP - it isn't possible using ADODB. You would have to use ADO.NET and I am not sure if you can use it in Access.

Thanks jeff- using a pass through query in access is pretty much the same thing as those examples
You create the query as a string and execute it - its pretty basic and simple and works quite well
heres what I use for 1 search form-each element holds is a parameter value,the 1st value is the name of the stored proc
"Search_Banding_Details_SP ,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,'ASC',1"
you cant use .net in access
I was going to try passing these parameters to a stored proc that would then add theses parameter
values to a TVP and then use the TVP to return the records for the searchform.i am new to all this
and seems no matter what I try,i run into an error
yosiasz "you are calling the proc from within the proc itself" , I lack the knowledge to know what that even means.
I am wasting everyones time continuing with this thread,JamesK did give me the answer to my initial
question,and I thank him for that

it would redundant to send the parms then push them into tvp.
its one or the other. in your case you cant use tvp.