SQLTeam.com | Weblogs | Forums

ForEach Loop Connection Fails Due to Slash in Server Name

Hi experts,
I'm trying to loop thru several server to collect info about those instances.
My ForEach Loop Container is failing due to the \ in the server\instance name. The values are read in from a table
which contains MyServer\Myinstance for example.

Error: The object name "MyServer\MyInstance" is not valid. The name cannot contain any of the following characters: / \ : [ ] . =

How can I get the connection to work for dynamic server names?
Thanks.

Does

QuoteName(YourColumnName)

help at all?

Thanks, Kristen. These are the errors the package gives in the ForEach Loop (as it attempts to loop thru a list of server names and set the Dynamic Connection. I'm missing something simple I think.

Error: 0xC001F202 at Foreach Loop Container: The object name "MyServer\MyInstance" is not valid. The name cannot contain any of the following characters: / \ : [ ] . =
Error: 0xC0017004 at Foreach Loop Container: The result of the expression "@[User::ServerName]" on property "\Package\Foreach Loop Container.Properties[Name]" cannot be written to the property. The expression was evaluated, but cannot be set on the property.
Error: 0x3 at Foreach Loop Container: Variable "User::ServerCollection" does not contain a valid data object

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Kristen and others - I have re-posted this question in the SSIS forum. This TSQL forum is not the ideal one for my issue. Thanks