Displaying Ads for some users

I enabled Google AdSense Ads to be displayed for certain users. Hosting these forums has a cost and I'm hoping to recover a little bit of that.

The ads are only displayed for guests and users at lower trust levels. One ad per page appears on the list of topics and at the top of a topic page.

Right now ads are enabled for Trust Level 1 and below. Getting to Trust Level 2 requires:

• visiting at least total 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

I think you could summarize this by saying show up a few times and answer some questions or contribute to discussions. And pick out a few posts to like. You can read more about the Discourse Trust Levels at: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/5.

Ads also shows for trust level 2
And now it does'nt

And my apologies. I accidentally logged you out while trying to log me out :frowning:

Does it seem to be working now?

lol

Yes it's working perfectly :thumbsup:

I can speak for no one else but I don't actually mind the courteous display of ads to help keep the lights on for this great site. If they start to pop up where you have to close them to get to the site or a post, then that's not what I consider a courteous display of an ad. Fixed place ads that don't feature a whole lot of animation are fine with me.

You spoke for me, at least!

@graz, your a level sort of guy.

I also do not mind non-animated fixed place ads.