In an SSRS 2008 R2 report that is running on a ssrs 2012 report sever, I am having problems problems between the test and production report servers. The test 2012 report server is version test #11.0.2100.60 and the selected report are running fine. Now in production there is a problem and the 2012 report server is on version # 11.0.6251.0. The problem with production is that there are extra blank lines in the report and the report goes to 2 pages instead of everything being on 1 page. Basically each page of the report is a letter sent out to parents of kids at school.
I would like the production letters to all be produced on one page.
I know the problem is not the PDF export and/or the Word export since I can see the extra lines being genrated when the report is running.
The two servers are attached to different printers.
To determine what the problem is on the report server, I have the following questions to ask you:
- Is there some kind of a difference on the report servers between the different the versions #11.0.2100.60 to # 11.0.6251.0 that can cause this type of an issue? If so, what can I do to try to fix the problem?
- The problem could be how the html is rendered between the 2 report servers. What should I look at to know how the html renders differently between the 2 servers?
- The problem could could be how Reporting Services in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) is rendered between the 2 servers.
- The problem could be a print driver.
- What else do you think could be causing the problem?
Thus could you tell me and/or point me to a link that will tell me how to solve this issue? If not, could you suggest phrases I could use in a google search to see how to solve the problem for the html rendering and/or the print driver?