Sql Server Detected A Logical Consistency-Based I/O Error

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2
Everything was running fine until it recently stopped running for no real apparent reason. The error message occurs: Sql Server Detected A Logical Consistency-Based I/O Error: Incorrect Checksum. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error:824)
Please how do i correct this error.

Regards.

You need to run a full integrity check of the database:

DBCC CHECKDB({your db}) WITH no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs;

Once you have this - you can post the results here to see if there is anything to be done. Most likely you will need to restore from a known good backup and apply all transaction log backups from that point to current point in time.

Once you have got to the point of sorting this out you need to also fix the cause. e.g. if you have an intermittent Memory Fault, or an error on the disk controller, if you don;t fix that it will just happen again.

Also, make sure that PAGE_VERIFY is set to CHECKSUM on every database, that way you will get the earliest possible warning when a data page is corrupted, but you should still do DBCC CHECKDB on all databases regularly. (If your databases are huge, and maintenance window is small, you can run DBCC CHECKDB on a restored copy of the database (i.e. on another machine). That, of course, also checks that your backup files ARE restorable :slight_smile: